Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AAUUUUUGGGGHH! RIP Bill Melendez




Holy Moly I am a bad blogger, I really need to post some, ya know, WORK up here.

However, I felt compelled to write a few words. If there's a character that's as close to my heart as Mickey Mouse, it has to be Charlie Brown. So naturally, the Peanuts animated specials were incredibly influential to me. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was a revolutionary achievement in animation and television history. Nobody could have brought the Peanuts to life but Bill Melendez, or provide the instantly recognizable voices of Snoopy and Woodstock. Mr. Melendez passed away today at age 91 and the animation world has lost another legend. Thankfully, he left a lifetime of work we can appreciate and learn from.

Alright, enough words. WORK to come soon.

No comments: